Online submission of abstracts is now open. Deadline is January 10, 2018 at 11:59 pm Pacific Time.
Only one paper or poster may be read or presented by the same author at the Meeting, although a presenter may be a co-author of any number of papers. The material must not have been published prior to submission of the abstract or presented at any meeting prior to the date of presentation at the International Investigative Dermatology 2018 Meeting. Simultaneous submission of the same abstract to other meetings is prohibited.
There is a limit of 2,300 characters for the text of your abstract submission (title, authors, institutions, abstract body and all spaces will be counted).
PUBLICATIONS OF ABSTRACTS
All abstracts will be published in the May 2018 issues of the Journal of Investigative Dermatology (JID) and Journal of Dermatological Sciences (JDS). The abstracts will also be available via links on the IID 2018, ESDR and JSID websites in mid April 2018. Hard copies of the Abstracts will be available at the meeting.
Abstract acceptance notification will be sent the week of February 12, 2018.
The publication/processing fee is $50 US and must be paid via the internet at the time of submission.
The IID 2018 Scientific Program Committee reviews all abstracts without knowing the identity of authors. All abstracts, including those selected for oral presentation, must be presented as posters.
NOTES ABOUT 2018 ABSTRACTS
- Unless indicated by initiating an opt-out, all abstract submissions to the IID 2018 Meeting will be considered for Oral Presentation.
- Submitters must choose both a primary category for their abstract, as well as a secondary category. Doing so will help the Scientific Program Committee have the flexibility (if needed) to put together the best possible meeting program.
- IID 2018 will have an electronic poster viewing system available as a companion piece to physical posters. Updates will be posted on the IID2018 website as they become available.
The Society for Investigative Dermatology (SID), European Society for Dermatologic Research (ESDR), and the Japanese Society for Investigative Dermatology (JSID), will be providing travel grants to offset costs associated with attending the IID 2018 Meeting in Orlando, Florida (May 16-19, 2018). These travel grants will be awarded by each society based on the applicant’s country of origin.
The ESDR and JSID will be posting their travel fellowship information including guidelines soon.
The Society for Investigative Dermatology (SID), along with the Albert M. Kligman Fellowship Fund, and in partnership with the AAD’s World Congress Fund Review Task Force, will be providing travel grants to offset costs associated with attending the IID 2018 Meeting in Orlando, Florida (May 16-19, 2018). These travel fellowships include a complimentary meeting registration and complimentary hotel room night(s) for North and South American based awardees at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort in Orlando, Florida (IID headquartered hotel).
The following individuals are eligible to apply:
- Residents in Dermatology and other medical fields
- Pre- and Post-Doctoral Fellows
- Medical and Graduate students
- Junior faculty who demonstrate extreme financial need
Guidelines to follow:
- Applicant must be the presenting author on an abstract submitted to the IID2018 Meeting
- The abstract must be submitted for oral presentation consideration
- You may not apply if you have previously received a Travel Fellowship from the SID
- A maximum of two fellowships per laboratory will be awarded
Submit your completed Travel Fellowship Application Form IID 2018 (as one PDF file) between Tuesday, October 17, 2017, and Tuesday, January 10, 2018 via the IID 2018 Abstract Submission website www.tinyurl.com/2018IID.